On Sunday, October 20, 2019 I had the profound opportunity of attending the 5-Year Milestone Celebration Purple Runway Fashion Show. This exquisite event was organized to bring awareness to Domestic Violence.
- Nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. https://ncadv.org/statistics
- 85% of Domestic Violence Victims are women and 15% are males. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/men-killing-women-domesti_n_5927140
- About 63% of homeless women have experienced domestic violence in their adult lives. https://www.nationalhomeless.org/factsheets/domestic.html
- Men who are victimized are less likely than women to report their situation to police. https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/181867.pdf
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to police. https://www.domesticshelters.org/articles/statistics/domestic-abuse-topline-facts-and-statistics
The CAUSE for The Purple Runway and the awareness that it brings to Domestic Violence is a subject matter that warrants a huge conversation!!
This 5YEAR MILESTONE Celebration took place at the Mercedes-Benz of Arlington. The Mercedes-Benz of Arlington is a located at 585 N Glebe Road, Arlington VA, 22203. The Pause for celebration was a celebration indeed!
The venue was perfect and fit the theme of the event. When entered on the far right of the venue, there was a pre-set Reception area which consisted of high top tables, vendors and a buffet area for food. The area was complete with 2 step and repeats near the entrance and a PURPLE CARPET!
This 1-level venue set-up was complete with the event runway and stage area situated to the far left of the venue. The WHITE Chairs and PURPLE RUNWAY LOGO decal printed on the RUNWAY created a elegant and sophisticated look for the event. Guests were greeted by shire white drapes with gold sparkle and purple drapes as the backdrop. I always say that less is more and just the right amount of décor can turn a boring event into a ravishing and exciting one!
Words from Founder of The Bernie House, a performance by
Epiphany and a presentation by the Community Champions!
Fur designer Rosendorf/Evans came to the stage with FURS for all
seasons!! This designer had furs ranging from vest to full length
coats. With winter only months away the furs were right on time.
The Finale Designer for The Purple Runway was a beautiful
Collection by Nicteel! This was such a great event.
The true meaning and definition of what the Purple Runway event stands for was shown and exhibited through-out the advertisement for the event and on the actual day of the event. My admiration for the cause and the woman behind the Purple Runway has grown tremendously after viewing such an amazing event .
The Founder and host of The Purple Runway Mrs. Gigi McMillan has created a MOVEMENT of women who use their stories of domestic violence to fuel and motivate others to take stands, that they may not have ever imagine that they could. This movement is one of complete Sisterhood and a strong source of SuperWoman Power!